This Needs To Be Said
As the days go on into my adventure, I keep thinking of how great it is to actually be working in this field.
I always wanted to be my own boss and imagined a job like this. Although I am still miles away from my actual goal, I am very pleased so far.
The progress I’m making is much more than I imagined it to be at this stage. Hopefully I’ll continue to grow at this pace if not faster!
Today I wanted to outline the top 20 reasons for affiliate marketing, and why it should at least cross your mind, as an option for your career.
What you will learn:
- Reasons why affiliate marketing is great
- Why you should consider to choose working within it
- Show you the options you have
- How it’s worked for me
I’m not saying everyone must do this, I’m just trying to share my opinion on this subject.
Everyone is different and everyone has their own path. However if there are any (and I know there are tons) individuals like me, you’ll appreciate it.
At least I hope you can value some of the things that I’ll be covering in this post.
- It Doesn’t Cost Much To Get Started – Unlike most start-ups, if you want to get started with affiliate marketing, all you need is a few bucks to buy a domain (optional, click here to see how you can start a website for free) and host it. The rest is pretty much free!
- You’re Always Free – Whether you want to spend more time at home with your family or travel more, you’re always flexible. You are free to choose your hours of work whenever because the internet never sleeps and money is pretty much automated through affiliate marketing!
- You Don’t Have To Create The New iPhone – Since you’re an affiliate, you don’t need to worry about inventing something revolutionary. Instead you promote it.
- No Inventory, Manufacturing, Customer Service etc. – Besides not having to re-invent the wheel, you also don’t have to take care of any other product creation hassle. Everything will be taken care of by the company you’re affiliating for. You just have to worry about sending them customers!
- No Limitations – Technically you could make over 3 billion customers. The number of people joining the internet grows daily. There are more than enough customers in any niche you can think of so there are hardly any limitations to how much you can make online.
- Minimal Office Equipment – All you technically need is a Laptop or any other form of device that can connect to the internet. If i’d want to, I could run my business off my smartphone. Yes it would be a bit annoying to type out such long texts but it’s possible!
- Effort Pays Off – As I mentioned several times, the more work you put in the more you get out of it! The last 3 days I was pretty much bedridden and I was still making sales. I didn’t even open my laptop and I was still making money. How great is that? It’s the same reason I’m working like crazy at the moment, so that I can reach a complete passive income lifestyle as soon as possible! Additionally I didn’t have to call in sick, get a doctors note and all the other hassle a job usually needs you to do.
- Unlimited Advice – To be the best at something, you need to know it inside out! There are tons of super affiliates ready to help out. Mentors are all around, whether on blogs or on forums. You can learn so much and improve your business by just seeking them out and chatting to them.
- You’re The Boss – Not everyone likes this. I definitely do. I always had issues with authority figures. Whether it was my teacher, my football/soccer coach, driving instructor or manager. I just don’t like being told to do things in a rude way. This doesn’t mean I hated them, I just always thought that I was doing my best and I don’t need to be shouted at for it. Now the only person I can get angry at is myself!
- You Don’t Have To Be An Internet Wizard – People always assume that working online and making money on the net, requires you to be an internet master. Knowing a PC like the back of your hand and being able to speak in numbers and program your way through. Trust me that I’m no where near or a PC specialist. Whenever I get stuck I just ask someone or Google my answer. Simple as that!
- Easy To Scale – Affiliate marketing is the perfect example for a snowball effect. Once you know what works, you can scale it! Repeat it and move on to discover new angles. When I tried creating a micro site, it worked so well I recently created a second one. It’s slowly picking up pace and you can virtually see how the traffic grows day by day and so do the sales!
- Different Methods – There are so many different ways you can get paid with affiliate marketing. Besides being able to sell physical or virtual goods, you can also get paid per item sold or reoccurring sales! There are many other ways but these are just a few examples.
- Don’t Have To Waste Your Life – You don’t have to sit on your desk for 8 or more hours a day. As mentioned in point 7, the more you work the more it pays off. But if you still have a job in an office, you may want to start off by working 30 minutes on your business a day. Eventually, as your business picks up, you can quit your job and work as much as you want, until you don’t have to work anymore at all!
- Huge Marketplace – As well as having no limits to making money, there is no real competition! Yes of course there are harder markets to enter than others, but think about it this way. There are millions of people promoting the exact same products and still make a nice living. That’s because any new competitor is like a drop in the ocean. It is very unlikely two people will cross paths with their customers or business.
- No Risk! – With such little money invested, no product or any real duties, your choosing of time and no boss or employees, what do you have to risk really?
- Easy To Track – There are numerous tools you can use to track everything from traffic on your website to affiliate links being clicked. This is great because then you can tell which areas need more work and which you can ease up on. Check out my resource page to see which tools I use.
- Nice Introduction – With affiliate marketing you are exposed to so many other ways of making money online. Since I started, I have been introduced to so many and I will definitely test out a few once I get a more stable income. Drop-shipping, PPC and product creation are just a few to mention.
- Don’t Need To Be Online – Some of my earnings and referrals came from word of mouth. I merely told people about what I’m doing and they went to find my site and signed up to my affiliate links. This shows that you don’t have to be online to promote your content all the time. Sometimes it can be done through networking offline too!
- Work With Your Passion – You can finally do something you love. Whether it’s animals, children or video games, anything can be monetized in affiliate marketing. When I say anything, there really is no limit! Amazon sells over 200 million different items, so I’m sure one of these will fit in a passion of yours (just to give you an idea)!
- You’re Helping People – This point is debatable but if you’re an honest person and you are providing valuable information, not only will you have a successful and long lasting business, but you will also be able to help people. My main aim is to help people achieve creating an online business and making money online so that they can have a source of passive income and be their own boss. This is why I blog on this website and show how I’m achieving it. Whenever someone asks me something and I email them back it feels amazing to have helped them out and knowing they will get closer to their goal.
As you can see this is a pretty decent list! I have to say that there are probably a lot more reasons I couldn’t come up with at this point…
However, making the choice to enter affiliate marketing was the best thing I’ve made in 2015. I hope to achieve giant success soon.
I’m pretty sure I will because I’ve never felt better about something before. In a previous post, I wrote out a few things I wish I knew before I started.
I highly encourage you to have a look at it. My main ‘regret’, if you can call it that, is that I didn’t know about this business earlier.
Fact is, that the older we get, the more responsibilities and liabilities we have. So the sooner you start working with affiliate marketing the better.
You will have so much more freedom and once you reach the age where you have to find a job and become a corporate puppet, you can avoid it.
I’m glad I did make that experience, because it just gives me more motivation never to go back to that horrible lifestyle.
People sometimes tell me I exaggerate, the way I look at corporate jobs. I’m sure some of them aren’t that bad.
But all I can say is, that this is how I personally feel about them. I don’t like being in a suit all day to impress my colleagues and a bunch of computers.
The work I did was so meaningless and when I tried to improve things, people would shut me up because it would either mean more work or less jobs.
If I can improve a business isn’t that a good thing?
Long story short, I love my new job and I love seeing ever dollar I make online.
2016 will be amazing. I can feel it already and if you’re interested in joining this trip have a look at my number 1 rated product.
I’m always ready to help you out if you’ve got questions about this lifestyle or work so don’t be to shy to ask questions.
Drop a comment below and I’ll get back to you within a few hours! I hope you enjoyed this list.
Thanks for reading,