October has finally come to an end and although I probably worked harder than all the other months, yet I still worked a lot less in terms of hours than before.
Near the end of September, I kept reading up on articles telling me to promote more and write less.
Taking this advice into consideration, I tried to promote my already written stuff a lot more.
I also put a lot more effort into my new posts and I really think this can be seen within the content.
During the beginning of October, I flew to London for a short week and pretty much couldn’t do anything from there.
I tried my best to send out a few tweets and share some things on my Facebook page, but mostly just spent some quality time with family and friends!
Nevertheless, I managed to make some extra cash on the side but let’s talk about that later!
To start off, let’s take a look at my traffic reports from Google Analytics.
The chart, as you can see below, shows a strong start at the beginning of the month (due to the technique) with a slight decline throughout the month.
Again, I couldn’t really work as much as I wanted to during 8th-12th, which is where I was in London and where the chart starts to come down a bit!
Near the end you can see a nice rise again (except for the last spot, which is the most dreaded day of the week – Saturday).
Overall not a bad effort and by far the most successful month yet again!
I’ve mostly been focusing on promoting my content which has clearly helped a lot. Therefore I will have to try and keep approaching this method.
In my September my average views has been around 46 whereas October is around 63.
Knowing that my efforts have been paid off in terms of traffic is always a good start!
The overall statistics have a bit of a weird analysis to them. Everything has a much better outcome than last month, however the bounce rate has increased.
This might just be a minor increase of 0.72 but I’m still slightly annoyed by that.
Nevertheless, it’s actually pretty cool to see all other stats being quite a strong success this month!
572 more sessions, 526 more users 1,065 and more pageviews!
Statistics like these make my day! It might not seem as much to some of you but if you look at it in percentages, this means I roughly increased my –
- Sessions by 41%
- Users by 51%
- and Pageviews by 43%
It’s only in hindsight that you realize how well you’ve performed. During the month you can often have mood swings and feel a bit demotivated!
Sometimes you feel like you’re just wasting your time but then you compare your efforts and realize that it’s actually paying off.
I guess that is why tracking your records and analyzing everything possible is so important.
When I started working out seriously I was told to take a picture every week in the same position under the same light, with the same camera.
Personally I didn’t feel much of a change when I looked in the mirror. But when I checked my very first picture with the last picture I saw a massive change!
Tracking efforts is always good not only for progress but also to see where you’ve been slacking.
Last month I realized how poorly my social media engagement is, so I tried to boost these ratings a bit.
Am I satisfied with my results? I can’t say I haven’t made good efforts yet again, but I wish It were a little better.
I’ve never been a patient person but I guess I have to continuously work towards what I want.
I knew this road wasn’t going to be easy and I know I still have a lot to conquer, nevertheless I am loving what I’ve achieved so far and looking forward to whats coming.
Looking at the traffic chart, shows that I’m heading in the right direction.
Additionally you can see a new bar for my subscribers labelled as Email. Hopefully this will drastically improve in the months to come.
Quick comparison to last months:
- Direct increased by 174
- Organic increased by 335
- Referral increased by 244
- Social decreased by -111 (Instagram is not taken into account here because it opens through internet explorers on smartphones)
- Email newly added and 24 in this month
Some of the direct traffic should be added to social due to Instagram so it’s hard to judge these now.
Below you will see that I made some earnings through Fiverr (which actually was done partly during my travels to London).
I just wanted to add that I didn’t actively search for work, I just set up an account and got hired by someone for 3 quick jobs.
I will not be actively searching either. I will accept these as they come but overall they seem a bit small in terms of work/reward.
As I’ve abolished the plugin stats, I thought it might be interesting to see how my social media engagement has been doing.
So this will be the first month where I dedicate an entire section for my different accounts. Obviously feel free to connect with me on these 🙂
- Facebook Page – I’ve started my Facebook Page in September and got most of my likes then. At the end of that month I had 98 likes. This month I got 20 additional likes which is fair enough I guess making it a total of 118.
- Twitter – I’ve only started being more engaging with my twitter account, near the end of the month but it has proven to be quite effective so far. You can see the statistics below.
- Pinterest – My pinterest account has also been neglected for a while but again, my focus was social media this month so it went up quite a bit.
- Instagram – Instagram has been one of my strongest focuses. I’m not sure why but it feels like this is the most engaging form of connecting with my readers. Therefore I’ve been trying to regularly post, update and connect with people on that. I’ve only started up my account on the 9th, meaning this wasn’t a full month of engagement there either. The stats are still pretty impressive, as you can see below, and I will write a post about how I managed to get this amount in such a short time.
Those are my main social media accounts that I actively engage on nowadays. Again feel free to connect with me on these.
I actually kind of forgot about these throughout the month. But since I have them branded in my brain (slightly), I still knew what I was aiming for in a way.
So these were my objectives and the results:
- Reach 2,500 sessions on Google Analytics! Failed!
- Reach 500 Organic traffic! Exceeded (577) 😀
- 6 Referrals with 2 premiums. Failed (4 referrals none going premium)
- Post epic content and get more shares on social media! Succeeded
- Finish the course! Kind of succeeded (explanation below)
- Plan a project. Project was a complete success as you can read here.
This month was way more successful than last months in terms of objectives.
4 out of 6 completed is pretty good. However I’m always unsatisfied and aim for more. If all points would have been exceeded I would have been pleased!
Let’s look at them a little closer:
I guess I overestimated my performance a lot to believe I could reach 2,500 sessions when I couldn’t even reach 2,000!
But seeing as this month was great, I will aim for 2,750 sessions this month!
Can’t believe my organic traffic went so well again!
Referrals have slightly decreased but I think those signing up now are more likely to actually try making some money online compared to the previous referrals.
I do get a bit impatient looking at these but nonetheless my unique clicks have increased slightly.
Hopefully this will soon change.
Total posts in October were 6, including one guest post that hasn’t been published quite yet.
This makes it a little more than one post a week and the social engagement is rather hard to prove, but it’s been better than previous posts.
I only have 7 lessons left in the bootcamp course, but I don’t think I will be completing these for two reasons.
The first reason is because my adwords account has been suspended for some reason I’m still trying to figure out.
The second reason is that I don’t think it is necessary to use adwords for my website.
Of course it could boost my statistics and help me reach more conversions faster, but I feel like this is not in my interest.
Having said that, I actually applied the lessons of adwords on my niche site to see how this would convert.
The conversions were quite good but again I think it’s a bit too much effort and quite expensive, especially when you’re new to it.
I will see how my niche site performs without ads in the coming month.
Let’s take a look at the money made this month. Did I manage to make more money, less or any at all? Let’s break it down below:
- Recurring sales with WA – $22.5
- Training revenues at WA – $0.00 (not quite sure how their algorithms work)
- Referral Credit at WA – $2.00
- Google Ads – $8.01 (rounded up from Euros so not exact figure)
- Fiverr – $12.00
- Amazon Niche Site – $146.53
This makes a total of $191,04! Incredibly ecstatic about this however we need to calculate the costs this month as well, since I’ve used adwords for my niche site!
- Adwords were $88.12
- Domain Purchase for Niche site – $10,87
(Note: Not all my expenses from Adwords have been paid yet so Novembers Income Report will have the other half included)
Total Earnings Of October 2015 – $92,05
An incredible increase of $57.23 compared to last month!
If I continue this way, I will reach my longterm goals sooner than expected hopefully!
I cannot believe what a huge increase this is compared to last months. Again slightly disappointed I didn’t make it in the triple digits!
Don’t get me wrong I am over the moon with these results but let’s hope for a better month in November.
Objectives For November:
Honestly pretty happy the way my progress is going but I need to start making some serious improvements now.
I will try and set higher figures than before even if I didn’t reach all my goals and even if the new goals might seem a bit unrealistic.
So here it goes:
- Reach 2,750 sessions on Google Analytics! Did very well in October so let’s push it a bit
- Being successful twice in a row, I’m aiming for 900 Organic traffic this time.
- 8 Referrals with 2 premiums. Not much to say here!
- Guest Post twice for two different blogs!
- 100 Email subscribers! If you haven’t signed up to the newsletter yet feel free to do so.
- Reach $100 Profit!
This concludes the October income report!
Thanks for reading. Any suggestions, thoughts, questions or comments can be left below.
If you have any ideas for improvements I’m more than willing to hear you out as well 🙂
Again don’t forget to subscribe to my email list and feel free to connect with me on the above mentioned social medias!