How to approach success?
So along my journey to succeed in life and to become wealthy and get the things I want in life, I’ve always wondered how other people succeeded.
Some people made it through unique inventions or others are super smart and invent amazing complex machines and some are simply born into luck. My mother always gave this impression that rich people are simply rich and we are not.
I think a lot of people have the same sort of idea as every time I mention wealth and fancy luxuries at work, people say “yeah but only rich people can afford these things”. It’s not like we were born with a disease that we can’t become “rich” ourselves. Let me also clarify that my goal isn’t to become rich.I want to be wealthy.
The difference being that wealthy people are well off and rich people simply have a lot of money but could still be working hard to get it.
So to shorten this story, as I like to investigate and ponder about how people became wealthy, I stumbled across some features that almost all millionaires have in common.
If you want to succeed and break the 9-5 cycle and generate passive income, there’s no quick way. But this will definitely shorten your way and trust me that most millionaires do these things too. Do your own research if you want or ask one if you know any 🙂
- Set goals – I find that setting goals keeps you focused and can help you remember what to complete in a day. You should make short term and long term goals. What I try to keep doing every morning when I get to work is writing down at least 3 tasks I should complete in the day. My long term goals I’ve written in a diary. Keeping a goal in mind will keep up the motivation and you feel better once you’ve accomplished them.
- Don’t spend more than you earn – This is a very important point and I’m lucky I’ve never fell down that path. Unlike some of my relatives they’ve always struggled with money. My dad somehow managed to get it into my brain from a very early age to be very conservative with money and to not spend everything at once. In fact every pay check I get I instantly put away a decent sum into investments. That way this money is locked away and I can’t touch it. The rest I get along with during the month and if something stays I put it away in my savings account (sometimes I put savings away first along with the investments). Small tip, pay everything by cash so you see how much money goes out of your pocket. Using credit cards leads to over consumption.
- Work harder than you ever did – I don’t know about you, but I hate being poor and stuck in a cubicle like life. I remember looking out the window on a hot summer day, complete blue sky, not a single cloud, birds singing and me stuck in my office on my chair with boiling heat. Phones ringing, tons of stress, annoying people around me etc. I can’t consider that living. In order to get away from that I will do anything in my power to do so and therefore I will work as hard as I can, sacrifice any fun activities until I reach that goal and you should too.
- Education is key – I learned a lot during my hard working hours after work. I read a lot of books and a lot of articles to find the key to success. The more you inform yourself the more you will know to succeed. Don’t stay hung up on one thing. Once you know of something try to master it and move on. Learn around that subject learn how it starts, ends ,evolves and then move onto the next subject. For instance I read about real estate, various niches, types, ways, sources, reasons, etc. I try to get to know everything there is about it. Discuss with people who have experience in that area. It will help you succeed in the future and it will help you avoid mistakes people made before.
- Hang out with rich people – I have a lot of close friends who share the same life style. These friends like to dream but don’t do anything to make dream reality. I quickly realized that and therefor took a distance from them without realizing it really. Instead I hung out with a smaller circle of friends who are like minded and people who already got to the stage of where I am. You will find out a lot of things with these types of people and again it will help you avoid their mistakes and create a good social network that can come in handy.
- Be persistent – Don’t get of track. Really this point is linked to point 1. Don’t get off track and switch from one idea to another. If you want to succeed in affiliate marketing, learn about it, try it out and if you fail try again. You might fail 100 times but eventually you will see your first success and thats when you realize all the hard work paid off. No one became a millionaire through their inventions or companies without any struggles. In fact all of them had issues along their way but when they hit rock bottom, instead of giving up they fought twice as hard.
- Take cautious risks – If you want to succeed, you got to take risks. I don’t mean risks like going to the casino and bet your entire life on a number. You have to be smart and calculate their risks. For instance if you invest in the stock market, I consider that a risk as anything could happen to your stock. Before you make your move, you will investigate the companies history and their future prospects, upcoming events and projects. If all signs point to green then you can risk to invest in that company. So be a risk taker but plan ahead.
- Get out of your comfort Zone – Everyone hates doing unfamiliar things. You should embrace change. I hate change myself but I embrace it. I face my challenges. When I get invited to social gatherings I used to make excuses because I didn’t want to seem socially awkward or anything. When I finally decided to go once, not only did I make new friends but I had really interesting conversations with some found out new ideas to create businesses and even cheap places in prime locations to potentially invest in real estate there. You will see change will make you wiser and stronger as a person and your confidence will grow.
- Keep Emergency money – You should always have enough money on the side so that you can live with it for 3 – 6 months ideally in case you need it for an emergency. I have several bank accounts and one doesn’t get touched. In case I lose my job or something bad happens and I need instant cash, I can always grab it out there. As your money grows that account of yours should grow with you!
- Give back – Once you reach financial freedom, give back to the people in need. I read that a lot of people like Bill Gates and Warren Buffet, give tons and tons of money back to people that need it. When I hear disasters happen I try to donate some money and not only does it feel good, I’m actually helping people. You should too.
Just a reminder, these are some of the 10 habits I found most millionaires all have in common. I’m not saying you should absolutely follow these 10 steps yourself, but I do them and I see how it separates me from most people in a beneficial way.
Confused or Unclear?
If anything was unclear or if you were confused by any of the things I’ve written out above, please let me know. I am more than happy to go into more detail about my content or my lifestyle changes. All you have to do is ask me 🙂