Learn The Basics
If you’ve ever considered making money online, then you should most definitely be asking yourself or should have asked yourself at least once:
“What Is SEO Content Writing?”
When I first started off with the idea of making money online, all I was worried about or wondered about, was how do I create a website, how long will it take to make money and how much money can I make.
Although these are valuable questions that need answers, they shouldn’t have been number one on my list.
Very early on, it became clear that one of the three most important factors to making money online are:
- Ranking on Google (and other search engines)
- Provide valuable content on your website
- Generate as much organic traffic as you can
Now these three points pretty much, all go hand in hand. In order to rank highly, you need to provide valuable content. The following result of that, will be people landing on your pages naturally which means you’re generating organic traffic.
Once you’ve understood that, you can repeat the process with different articles, different sites and different products to promote and sell.
Since you now know the secret, it’s pretty simple to make money online right? Well… it’s not always that simple to rank on the top spot of any searched term in Google.
This is where SEO comes into play.
What Is SEO Writing?
To explain what SEO writing is, firstly let me explain what SEO stands for. It stands for Search Engine Optimization. This means that whatever you are producing online, should be optimized for search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing etc.
Therefor SEO writing simply means, that you want to optimize your writing in your posts and articles, to be more attractive for these search engines.
This way you will make your way to the top when people search for certain terms and your chances are a lot higher to be seen by people. If you land on the second page or further in Google for instance, your chances are very slim, to actually get seen by anyone.
But don’t drive yourself insane with this either. In order to write SEO related articles, you should have a few keywords that you can strategically fill your post with.
If you don’t know what keywords are, I highly suggest you go have a look at my review for my personal top free SEO keyword tool. I’ve explained how to use it and how to use your keywords smartly.
What you don’t want to do, is use thousands of keywords and write a post solely based on keywords. This will lead to a terrible unreadable article and even if it does make sense, Google will notice that you’ve just written a post, simply to rank on the number one spot.
Now you might be thinking, so what? It matters because you will fall into a frowned upon habit called keyword stuffing. So instead of ranking on a top position, you will either be ranked far beyond the first page, you might even get your website seriously damaged.
I’m guessing that by now you are wondering how to improve your sites SEO.
Although I am no expert and there are far more tricks out there than I know of, I still have some knowledge in it. Here’s a small list of things you should know if you want to learn how to become an SEO master:
- Update your blog regularly – You want Googles spiders to see that you are putting in a lot of effort to ensure quality on your site. Try to update your posts regularly and make some improvements. Trust me there is always room to improve, so review your work.
- Write related content to your links – If you add links into your posts, make sure that the text is related to the link. Instead of having a bunch of “click here’s” and “read here”, try to have it related to what you’re linking to. For instance if you want to link to a page related to T-shirts you could say “here’s my favorite T-shirt which I’ve bought at….”
- Simplify your site – Definitely have a user friendly website. Don’t make it complicated to make it look professional. Often a simple, basic and boring website is all you need!
- Don’t Copy – You should never copy content that already exists. Hopefully you are aware of that. Everything you write should be unique. Of course you can use ideas previously written from others, but you should change it so that it is your words telling the story from your side.
- Reach out to pros – If you have experts linking to your site, that is a great way to push your rank up. It will also lead to more external links and visitors. Try guest blogging for instance.
- Keep writing – Maybe this is something you don’t like to hear but if you want to outrank the competition, you have to keep writing and adding new content. The more content you add, the better chances you have of becoming an authority site!
For more tips, I suggest you go and read one of my previous posts on SEO improvement. It includes a small video how to improve individual posts and their SEO as well and it is very easy to use for beginners especially.
The Importance Of SEO
I wish that I would have put more effort to SEO, in the beginning of my website. To be honest I only realized recently how badly all of my posts were ranking, which is why I did more research on SEO.
Now I’m currently held back drastically, because not only am I trying to keep up with my routine schedule, but I am now also going back through all my posts and trying to optimize them.
The good thins is, that it’s never too late to improve and regardless of how badly their ranked, each post is still one post closer to becoming an authority site.
I have to thank Wealthy Affiliate for teaching me almost everything there is to know so far, about making money online. I do have other sources I tend to learn from and do some research at, because you can never learn enough.
So now that you have a vague understanding and some insight how to tackle your future content, you should 1) keep up the training for SEO, because search engines change very frequently and if you don’t keep up with time it will be a lot harder to compete. And 2) try to include as many things you can remember about SEO in your posts.
Of course your website doesn’t only depend on the perfect search engine optimization, there obviously needs to be a demand for whatever you’re producing and offering, so don’t drive yourself insane.
But it’s better to know more tricks and tips than less.
I hope that you enjoyed this article and that I could help you with answering the question what is SEO writing, for those who didn’t know.
I will continuously come up with more tips once I get to learn more. So be sure to come back and visit my site in the future. I won’t disappoint you.
If you have any additional tricks I haven’t mentioned, feel free to leave comments behind. If however you want to ask me a question or simply leave some thoughts behind, be my guest and comment below.
I’m always more than happy to help and it’s always nice to see what you think of my posts.
Thanks for reading,